What are you planning for World Aids Day this Saturday, 1 Dec? If you don’t have any ideas yet, here are a couple of ways you can get involved.
1. Host a video screening. There are some amazing movies out there that highlight the personal impact of the Aids pandemic in SA. We recommend Yesterday or Themba. (Do you have any other movie suggestions?)
2. Organise a visit to a children’s home where some of the children have been infected or affected by HIV/Aids. Spend time with the children at ThembaCare or Christine Revell Children’s Home, both in Athlone, giving the kids some much needed love and personal attention.
3. Get up-to-date on the latest news and statistics on HIV/Aids. We found this article on the UN’s latest report very interesting. (Click here to download the UNAIDS Global Report 2012)
4. Pray for those impacted by the Aids crisis. Gather a group of friends to spend a dedicated time in prayer or put aside some quiet time on your own to pray this Saturday. Click here for World Vision’s prayer points for World Aids Day.
5. Get tested! Tests nowadays only take a couple of minutes and most pharmacies or clinics do them without an appointment, but probably best to phone ahead in case.
Do you have any other ideas? We’d love to hear them!